The Christ Church Curriculum
Our Curriculum Vision
Christ Church Church of England Primary School is an inclusive and caring community where each person is valued as a child of God.
‘I am because we are.’
Our motto is ‘Learning together, praying together, growing together.’
1 Corinthians 12. ‘For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ…’
At Christ Church Primary we are a close community that respect and value each other. Whether we are friends or neighbours, children or adults, we believe that each person is important and we love and care for everyone equally. We want the best for each individual with whom we share our lives and we want everyone to be part of our loving school family. We believe Ubuntu is representative of our whole school community.
Christ Church Curriculum Intent - Updated February 2023
Our ambitious and progressive curriculum is shaped to enable all pupils to live out our vision: ‘I am because we are’, by teaching them about their place as a Child of God within their class, our school, our local community and God’s wider world. We do this by:
- Teaching our Christian values through learning, worship, prayer and reflection
- to support our pupils to develop spiritually, socially, intellectually and emotionally so that they can flourish in all aspects of their life, feeling safe to make mistakes and learning from them.
- Representation across the curriculum throughout the year and celebrating diversity and the unique skills and abilities of individuals.
- to promoting the respect, understanding and inclusion of everyone and to inspire children to be ambitious and aspirational for themselves and others.
- An emphasis on outdoor learning , trips and our local area
- to help our children build an understanding of our community and take advantage of the rich curriculum opportunities of our school’s unique setting of Oxleas woods, the Royal Borough of Greenwich and Greater London.
- Community Projects and courageous advocacy
- o to demonstrate that we, as individuals and part of a larger group can help to protect our local environment and the more vulnerable members of our society.
Each stage of our curriculum is designed to build on and develop the skills, knowledge, understanding and independence of our pupils to best prepare them for the next steps of their education and develop a love of learning in all our pupils.
Special Educational Needs
At Christ Church we ensure our Curriculum is accessible and is inclusive for all our children. In each year group the class teacher adapts the curriculum to meet the needs of all learners. Please click here to read about our SEND offer for Special Educational Needs and disabilities at Christ Church.